Sunday, July 4, 2010

Morning Sun and Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

I made a quick ‘Morning Sun’ ATC today for the Fun with ATC’s challenge. 

AsianArtistryATCfunwithATCs7110

I used my brayer and a circle mask, made a blue sky and green grassy area. I  stamped a SU stamp(that I just love). The dragonfly has a touch of Creative Inspirations Paint over the top for a little sparkle.  (The dragonfly brad is from Markie’s Finest Papers). I used a sponge to apply some Apricot ink to the Morning Sun. Nice and simple.

IMG_0801

MMMMMM  My husband always asks me to make this for cook-outs……..  I thought I’d share the recipe

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

2 2/3 c Crushed Pretzels

3/4 cup oleo

3 tbsp sugar

Press in 9x13 pan and bake 350 for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool

Mix:

8 oz Cream Cheese

1 cup white sugar

1 small cool whip

Spread over the cooled pretzel mixture

2 pkg strawberry or raspberry Jello-mix with H20-stir until dissolved and add berries. Put in refrigerator until slightly thickened- pour over the top of the cream cheese layer.

Just the right blend of sweet and salty……my Mother in law gave me this recipe.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Shelly

13 comments:

Larisa said...

So nice ATC Shelly!! You are the best as always! )))
The Strawberry Desert looks yummi! I wish we could have a cup of tea with it )))

Karen Howard said...

This is wonderful, will have to keep working on my brayer skills! You make it look so easy! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely ATC! I like it very much!
thanks for taking part at Fun with ATCs
and my mouth just started watering....
thanks for that recipe too!

*hugs*

Terry said...

Love this Morning Sun and that dessert looks so yummy!!! TFS - both!

jimlynn said...

Both the card and the recipe look YUMMY!!!!!! Your card is so pretty. AND the strawberry pretzel dessert looks fabulous.I'll have to try it.
Lynn

Joanne Gilch said...

MMMMM, looks good and thanks for the recipe. my gf's Mom used to make this and I have always wanted the recipe. You are awesome at the brayer technique!

Joanne Travis said...

Your card is so lovely! The colors and shading are really wonderful.
Mmm, that dessert looks yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe.
Have a happy 4th of July!!

Carrie said...

Your atc is lovely and that dessert looks yummy!!

froebelsternchen said...

a wonderful ATC on our Challenge Shelly... the strawberry desert looks fantastic to..

yummi!

xxx Susi

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That dessert sure looks yummy! Awesome use of the brayer technique!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Gorgeous background!!

Kathy said...

Love the look of the brayered sun on your ATC. Such a lovely scene. I've had that pretzel salad before and it is delish. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'll have to try to make it myself.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I like your card, I need to try the brayering techniques again. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!