Thursday, November 10, 2011

McMahon Five Designs- More Holiday Projects

 I have all of the Fall cards I need, so have started on some Christmas Projects......   I used new releases from McMahon Five Designs for my projects today.
 I just got my new Cd from the Technique Junkies- The 3D and Fun Folds Paper Crafts- and I found a number of projects that I want to try......this is the first one- it is called a feestanding pop-up.  It was quick and easy to put together.  I used an image and sentiment from the Funny Little Christmas set. I colored the image with Copic Markers- I sponged on a sky (using Soft Sky and an oval scalloped punched out scrap), and stitched around the edge in a Zig-Zag stitch.  There are Versamark Dazzle stars stamped on the Pop-up base.  HERE is the link for more info about the CD- Oh- say hi to Pat for me if you decide to order a CD!

 Here is a close up of the image and sentiment:




 I could not resist the Vintage Santa image, 'Santa's Song' - and had to give coloring him a go- Copics and Reds can be a touch challenging to me, but I was happy with how the card came out......


  The background paper is My Minds Eye and the rest is from Joann Fabric stacks.  I used Technique Junkies Out of the box and Wisped Frames for the image. I colored with Copics and added liquid applique to Santa's fur and beard. I used Ranger Antique Linen distress ink for sponging around the Nestability frame. There are also Sakura Gelly Roll Pen accents on the card- which was printed on Cryogen White cardstock- so it is very shimmery to start out with.  I added a letter to Santa...and a sentiment from Create with TLC

 Have you started making your Christmas cards yet???

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

paige said...

Two terrific holiday cards Shelly! I adore the snowman image on your pop-up card!

Alexa said...

These are really great cards - you deserve to be pleased with them. Your vintage Santa is my favourite! x

Tammy said...

Shelly!!
Thank you so very much for sharing---I am very blessed to get to glean from you:)
be blessed...................
Beyond Measure
www.bbbm.weebly.com
(not published yet)

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Love that snowman!! I really like stitching on my creations, too.

Anonymous said...

Two fab cards and great images. I really, really love the pop-up one. xx

Christine said...

Your cards are just so cute!!! I love the little snowman and you've colored Santa beautifully!

kiwimeskreations said...

Great cards Shelly - love the wee pop-up one. That is an easy technique - I learnt it on SCS, but have not done one for ages.
Your Santa card is wonderful with it's rich colours.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by:) your cards are great! Tfs

Laura said...

super cute cards. I love the pop up idea. Sooo cute.

Jingle said...

These are great I really love the snowman!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Shelly these are adorable cards. I especially love the snowman, he makes me smile.
Wishes
Lynne

Erum Tasneem said...

Fabulous cards!

Darlene said...

Oh Shelly, these are simply wonderful, love them both! So, looks like you are going to get me to finally start my Christmas cards. I've been meaning to try the easel card technique. You rocked it!

Renee said...

Super cute! I love the snowman and the pop up! Santa's looking mighty fine too! Awesome!

Maria Matter said...

these are fabulous Shelly!! love the pop up!!
hugs

Lesley said...

Hi Shelly, wow you have a lot of nice cards started. Miss dropping by, sorry bout that but fall craft season keeps me busy.
Will be done soon so I can play with paper and stuff again.
Take care and keep creating.
Lesley

Chrissy D said...

Shelly - Your cards make me SMILE!! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!! Fabulous work!

Em said...

Nice cards! Like the first one more because of the colors! It's so soft and the image is very cute!
Thanks for sharing the links.