Thursday, February 16, 2012

McMahon Five Designs -Girl Talk

I chose a digi from the new release at McMahon Five Designs  called Girl Talk
Girl Talk JPG and PNG
 I was inspired by a challenge at City Crafter to make two identical cards aka Perfect Pair- except you need to make one in purple and one in blue.  I used some Pan Pastels for the very first time and had fun... : )  
I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and highlighted the embossing using two colors of purple and two colors of blue chalks. I did use a fixative after using the chalks. I also used chalks to color the images- I used Copics on the skin and on the purple card for a lighter touch to her throw. I added a little white over the top of the blues to tone them down. I also added Creative Inspirations paint to the images for some pretty sparkle. I also used 'torn Frames' from the technique Junkies in black.

  (   **Cuttlebug Embossing Folder now 40% Off** at McMahon Five Designs)

The sentiment is from Create with TLC- LOL  I love this! 

Challenges:
Crafts and Me-distressed
Fab n Funky- Try Something New (Pan Pastels)
Ruby's Rainbow- Vintage
City Crafter- Perfect pair-one blue one purple
Digital Tuesday- Use your Stash
Crafty Cardmakers- Monochromatic
Stamps R Us- Anything Goes
Stamping Sisters in Christ- Make me smile-  One is for my Lil sis' 50th....now does the sentiment make you smile?  I hope so,..... (I am older than her.....)

           I also wanted to mention- there is a vintage freebie at McMahon Five Designs 

Sweet Lil' Sophie *FREEBIE

                                                             Card by: Sue


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

27 comments:

Sharon said...

Fantastic "Pair" of cards - what a great challenge!! Love the colours you chose to do each card in!!

Papercraft By Carole said...

A lovely duo of cards! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

shaz earl said...

Great card!

thank you for joining in the fun with us at Ruby's Rainbow for our "Vintage" challenge

Hope you will join us again soon

Hugs Shaz x

Darlene said...

Wow Shelly, these totally rock. They're the same, yet so very different, love that! You'll have to tell me what type of fixative you use, I haven't found a good one yet.
Love the chalk techniques and the cool embossed frame is perfect.

Marjie Kemper said...

Such rich colors! I found a pp tute on vimeo: http://vimeo.com/14597338

Beverly G said...

Those two cards look great. I've been interested in the Pan Pastels, you're making me want to add to my stash.

Basslady said...

your style is so stunning and gorgeous!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

City Crafter Challenge Blog said...

That is perfectly pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is perfectly pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Christine said...

Love your pair of cards!!!! The images are both colored beautifully!

Miesje said...

Those are beautiful cards - great job with the pastels! I am so glad that you could join us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Terry said...

It is amazing how these can look so different. Both cards are just fabulous and what a great image! Have fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

Hmm - what a great challenge and you have made them subtly individual - love your sentiment too :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Mynn xx said...

What fabulous cards! I must say the purple is my favorite--it's wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

The 2 cards turned out so pretty with those 2 colortones.. such different moods , great job!

Lovely Linda said...

Wow - great cards - I love those images - Sure makes me smile Shelly! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Ros said...

Lovely ... perfect for the challenge ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous colours, gorgeous cards.
Wishes
Lynne

CropStop said...

Love the torn edge frame... the cards are quite sweet. Thanks for sharing from your Sponsor-friends at CropStop.com!

Jo said...

Fabulous vintage designs, lovely :)
Thank you for joining in our final challenge at Stamps R Us
Jo xx

Feebsy said...

Very pretty cards, I really like the blue in particular.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Natascha said...

Great cards. Love your layout. Thank you so much for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Ginny said...

fab cards. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Unknown said...

Your Pair of cards look amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Beautiful work!! Love the images you used!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Jacq said...

Hi,
What a Gorgeous pair of cards!!! Love the colour schemes you've used, and the layouts look fab. Love the sentiment LOL. Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Amanda said...

Love your vintage cards.

Thanks for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow.

Amanda