Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kim's SU Workshop 8/2012

My friend Kim has a monthly SU workshop- and I was smashed after my vacation and working, but I am so happy I went- as usual, we were not disappointed!
  I am going to have to look up the SU set names and edit the posts.... I love the new SU inks with the solid images- I do not always have the best luck at getting a great impression.....

  I love the fun quilling on the snail- how fun is this!

 And how gorgeous is this?  I love this- the butterfly is three layers- Vellum, solid CS and then a stamped and punched butterfly. Kim made a paper bead out of SU DSP and it has antennae coming out of the top...... Here is a close up:
And card #4
 Can you see why I am always disappointed to have to miss her workshops?  Gorgeous cards......
She does not have a blog..... : (       I am still working on her........hahahahaha


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

All gorgeous Shelley! But the butterfly - well it is just too perfect! Hugs,

Marilyn said...

These are great Shelly and yes, I can see why you don't want to miss a class. I love something different about each card - the colours and summery feel of the watermelon card, the flower for the snail shell is so, so clever and cute, the whimsy of the butterfly and the elegance of the thank you card.
Each is unique and I like them all!

Terry said...

What a fun workshop! Shelly those are all adorable, but I have to tell you I love all of the card, but that snail is too fun!!! Have a great weekend!

Penny said...

My goodness, Shelly, what fun you must have had making these cards at the workshop--they are all beautiful! Love all the little details! You must get this gal to start her own blog! ;^)
Hugs,
Penny

jimlynn said...

WOW! These are wonderful cards! I wouldn't want to miss a workshop either!
Very pretty!
Lynn

NanaConnie said...

Wonderful cards, Shelly, but that butterfly is incredible! I'm so glad you shared this. I love the idea of three layers for the butterfly especially with one layer being vellum. WOW!

Donna said...

Wonderful cards, Shelley! I love going to Stampin' Up! workshops. They are always lots of fun! I'd love to learn to quill. I bought a tool and one of these days I'll give it a try. You did a great job!

Anne Temple said...

These are all gorgeous. Looks like y'all had lots of fun.

paige said...

OMG, these cards are all fabulous! I wish I could have been there!

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Shelly these are wonderful - and some great techniques there too.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn Stevens said...

Very sweet cards, Love the butterfly the most!
Hugs Lynn

Renee said...

Shelly these are all so cute! I wouldn't miss her class either!