Thursday, March 24, 2016

Waste Not......

  Day four of Michael Strong Stamps is a Tutorial Day.   Today is all about wiping up color.....


  So, let me explain.  I saved some paper towels from a class I took, where we lined our work space and sprayed and splashed on colors.  Here is part of my collection:

 This stack is neatly hanging by my markers, very shimmery : ) 
  You can see where I stamped the fish image- I found just the right section of the paper towel that had the colors I wanted. I used Stazon (black) ink- and I flattened out any wrinkles before stamping. I did add just a touch of color to pop the image off the background using a N2 Copic marker. I also added a touch of Blue and yellow color to the fish with Copic marker.  For the background, I found a section of  towel that would work- and saved most of the little 'excess' pieces for another project.
 I added highlights to the background using a Sakura White Paint pen, and a Stardust Gelly Roll pen.
 I am entering the Color Throwdown- color challenge.



Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again tomorrow!
Shelly

13 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Just fab!!!

Happy Easter Shelly!

Unknown said...

I love that you used clean up materials from one project to create another.

Lynn McAuley said...

You know what they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!" The colors here are divine, Shelly! What a striking card!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Wow Shelly!!! Love this! I use stuff like that too in some cards I do. I save pieces of blotter paper that I test glimmer mists on and have use those to punch out some flowers. If it can be used.....I KEEP IT!! lol

Krisha said...

Fantastic card and use of clean up materials.
Love the fish.

Laura said...


I love the colors on this card! So cool that you are recycling paper towels!! I love that big fish stamp! Looks great with the seaweed stamping!! Love how you added white paint pen and the sakura pen for accent and shimmer!!! Great ribbon accent too! Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

What a neat idea. I would have never thought to save paper towels for this. Beautiful results. You did an amazing job!

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done Shelly this is an wonderful card.
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Whoa! Talk about recycling!!! LOVE THIS! What a wonderful, wonderful background and a perfect image to go with it.
Lynn

Hetty said...

Hello Shelly,great card for the challenge.
Beautiful background and great fish!

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Shelly! I love the gorgeous colors and that fabulous fish, what a beautiful way to recycle!
Hugs, Tammy

Broni said...

What a fabulous idea to use your ink-soaked paper towels! Such a lovely creation! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Good for you for using them. I always mean to... xoxo