Tuesday, June 27, 2017

CYS-Favorite Beverage

Our 'CYS' aka Craft Your Stash group from SCS has a challenge this month with the theme 'Your Favorite Beverage'.

 Well, I drink alot of black tea....all day, every day!  So, I went with a tea theme : )


 I bought a journal for Bible Journaling a while back, and was able to complete one page in 2/2016.....  I had laid out the idea for the cover and primed it, but put it away and never finished it.  What a perfect time to get it out!
  I painted the cover while in 2016....  so, I tried adding distress inks, but they would not stick.  So, painted the background with acrylic paints in a variety of colors.  I added a stencil by Ranger DYS 34032 and painted using a shimmery gold paint.
  I stamped Sweet and Sassy (SNS His Book) in Black Tuxedo Memento Black ink. (Image on top lt and bottom Rt). They are colored with Copics and/or sponged with ink. I added some shimmer using a Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen.
  On the top sentiment panel, I used a hole punch and added multiple fibers and a cross charm. I also added a butterfly charm. I bought the charm when a stamping shop closed about 3-4 years ago and I am in love with this pretty butterfly.

Challenge:
Summer 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop- Coffee/tea/cocoa
Cards and More- Anything but a Card
Simon Says Stamp Monday- Stencil It
Word Art Wednesday- AG

I decided to also make a card, as I found a package of napkins that I thought would make fun backgrounds....


 I used a dollar stamp that is years old for the martini, and the sentiment is Sweet Stamps.

The CYS group can be located here.  List mom Barb had the brilliant idea- lets use our stash items- with a monthly theme, I am sure finding no shortage of items to use in my creative space...!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

20 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

LOVE THAT NAPKIN! I get together with a group of nurses and we call it out GNO so that is wonderful. Also that is a great journal cover. I always mean to do it, but....well it is one of those things that I just don't feel I have time for, hehe.

Cynthia said...

Fun projects! Great colors on the journal.

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving both your projects Shelly - the journal cover is wonderful, and the card such a fun one
Blessings
Maxine

~amy~ said...

Your journal cover is gorgeous! Love all the texture! Pretty party card too!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, I love your Bible Art Journal cover... very creative and beautiful! And then you made a card, too. WOW! "Mom Barb" will be so proud of you! Seriously, I'm impressed. Your talent is amazing!

Heidi said...

Awesome journal cover and such a fun card!

Shelly said...

These are wonderful!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your journal cover is beautiful & so artsy. I went as far as buying a journal...
one day I'll start it.

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous cover for your Bible Art Journal, Shelly!! Fabulous colors and textures with the wonderful sentiments you have added!

The martini card is beyond precious!! Well done!

Barb said...

Shelly--this is stunning! I love all of the colors!

*Vicki* said...

I love doing the Art Journaling as it's so freeing to be able to create anything. I just love your cover and the colors you've chosen for it! Your napkin card is so creative and fun!! Thanks for sharing these! :) HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful mixed media look to the coffee card. I like your martini one too!

MiamiKel said...

Look at you, Shelly - two fer! Love your bible art journal - it's so wonderfully creative. And one page is better than no page ;)

And your card, made with a napkin, super!

Fikreta said...

those are so nice projects!

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful journal page. The gold looks stunning. Great idea with the napkin too! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Donna said...

Isn't it great when you can use something from your stash. I have lots of stsash. Your've done a beautiful job! Love both the journal page and the card. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa said...

Both of these are so beautiful!! Love!

Hetty said...

Both cards are very pretty.

Stempelomi said...

great journal page! Thanks for joining us at cards und more and good luck! Hugs,Beate

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful design for a notebook and card. Thanks for joining our previous challenge here at WORD ART WEDNESDAY. We hope you will join us again in our current challenge soon. Leaving you with the inspiration found in Philippians 4:13 which says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com