Wednesday, December 27, 2017

CYS Dec- New Years-no alcohol

For our December Challenge Your Stash (CYS), Maggie challenged us to make a New Year card using no alcohol, as not everyone partakes.


  I made a card and gift jar set for the ESSE adult day care my mom attends for their New Years party. The sweet Country Snowman is from Sweet n Sassy Stamps (digi), and the sentiment is from Verve. I used a TH embossing folder, some silver sparkly wrapping paper and Cherry Cobbler cardstock. The sentiment is from Verve.

 Here is the jar that holds the hot chocolate mixture:


 The project goals for the clients is to make assemble as easy as possible, so I made a kit and have everything ready to roll.  The jar will be filled with hot chocolate and little marshmallows. Mom helped me out by coloring this sweet Country snowman.  I used the Scan n Cut to quickly cut out 20 large and 20 small snowmen.

And there you have it!  Thanks for a great challenge Maggie!

The CYS group can be located here.  List mom Barb had the brilliant idea- lets use our stash items- with a monthly theme, I am sure finding no shortage of items to use in my creative space for this challenge...!!! Even those in the 'get rid of' pile....... HERE is a link to all of the December 'New Years-no alcohol' the group members posted for this challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great project Shelly - with the bonus of using lots more stash for the multiple sets you have prepared
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your card is beautiful.... love the sentiment! And what a thoughtful gift item. You and your Mom surely bless others with your talent and generosity!

Barb said...

So Dang cute. What a perfect card for our challenge!

Donna said...

What a great project for the seniors. I love your chocolate and card gift package. Such a cute snowman! And a great interpretation of the challenge. Happy New Year!

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, that is a beautiful card and jar. I had a flat of mason jars and my Dad cleaned my basement, but now when I was going to use them for Christmas gifts...I can't find them, and he doesn't remember where he put them, ARGH!!!

Kristie W. said...

Pretty card and project. How nice that your mom was able to help with it too.

ChristineCreations said...

Such a cute little pair!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a cute and perfect pairing for these cold winter days!! Super fun designs, Shelly!