Saturday, April 28, 2018

CYS -April Showers.....

It is the 28th, and that is the day we post our Challenge Your Stash (CYS) Challenge cards. Sue - stampinspooky (Splitcoaststampers user name) is our hostess and her theme is: ~~ April showers bring May flowers-use flowers and/or showers



This sweet image is by Lacy Sunshine. I colored it with Copic Markers. I used Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm DP (which I believe is really old- was only $2.99 for a 6x6 paper pack.....  and I also pulled out a button and cording.  Do you remember when this went on everything?  I bought it in quite a few colors : )

I added a strip of a scrap of DP on the inside as well
April showers bring flowers, bring rainbows : )

The CYS group can be located here.  List mom Barb had the brilliant idea- lets use our stash items- with a monthly theme, I am sure finding no shortage of items to use in my creative space for this challenge...!!! Even those in the 'get rid of' pile....... HERE is a link to all of the April cards at Splitcoaststampers for this challenge.

 The group says closed- but we ARE open to new members!

Challenges TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

I remember when buttons went on every card I made - and I still have so many of them. Maybe they'll come back and be the fad again but in the meantime, the button on here looks so perfect! I don't think you could have picked a better embellishment. I love that image and your mix of the patterned paper too. Outstanding card Shelly.
Lynn

Donna said...

Adorable card Shelly! I should really join your group but I have to wait until after the wedding. Less than a month to go. I love the rainbow on the inside of the card. Fits perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly this is beautiful. Great coloring. Love the rainbow of colors inside.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your card is adorable. What a sweet image!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

So cute Shelly. Love this!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a cutie out for a stroll in the rain!! Precious card, Shelly!